Daily tasks include cleaning floors, windows, carpets and walls; taking out trash, and maintaining all entrances and common areas.
- Application Deadline: October 31,2022
- Posted: September 27, 2022
- Starting Date: July 1, 2023
Lavaca Public Schools is seeking applications for a Superintendent for the 2023-24 school year.
The Superintendent, is the chief executive officer of the Board and the school system, shall be the administrative head of all departments in the District. The Superintendent shall be responsible to the Lavaca Board of Education for administering the school system according to the mandates of the laws, Division of Elementary and Secondary Education, other agencies of jurisdiction, and policies governing school operations. While the Superintendent may delegate his/her duties when and where necessary and appropriate, he/she shall be responsible to the Board for the results of those duties delegated.
Some of the Superintendent’s duties include:
- Implementing the policies of the Board;
- Being responsible for the planning and implementation of an educational program in accordance with State and Federal requirements and the needs of the District;
- Reporting to the Board concerning the status of the educational program, personnel, and operations, and making recommendations for improving instruction, activities, services, and facilities;
- Acting as a liaison between the Board and school personnel;
- Making recommendations to the Board concerning personnel employment, discipline, and termination;
- Communicating the District’s vision and mission to staff, students, parents, and the community;
- Being responsible for the development of short- and long-term goals for the District;
- Preparing and presenting an annual budget for the District to the Board for its consideration;
- Administering the District’s budget and regularly reporting to the Board on the financial condition of the District;
- Attending and participating in all meetings of the Board except when his employment is being considered;
- Preparing, in consultation with the Board President, the agenda for all Board meetings;
- Being responsible for the planning and implementation of an effective personnel evaluation system that is aligned with the goals of the District; and
- Maintaining a current knowledge of developments in curriculum and instruction, as well as pertinent legal changes, and advising the professional staff and Board of such information.
- Position Type: Full-time
- Positions Available: 1
· Job Category: Administrator > Superintendent
Equal Opportunity Employer
Lavaca School District is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
- Applicants should hold an Arkansas Licensure with either Licensure Code 301, 311, or 277- District Administrator
- Experience preferred but not required
Complete online application and include resume and additional requested documentation here: Application
- Steve Rose
- 203 Fir Street
- Lavaca, Arkansas 72941
- Phone: 479-674-5611
- Email: email@example.com
Full-time and Part-time Cafeteria Worker
Daily tasks include preparation, cooking, serving, and clean up. May require heavy lifting.
Experience preferred, but not required.
Drivers needed for bus routes.
Class B CDL required.
P and S Endorsement required.
Full-time bus drivers qualify for insurance.
Future Classified Position
Future Certified Position
Substitute Teachers and Support Staff
Visit www.ESS.com to learn more and begin the application process.