Drivers needed for bus routes.
Class B CDL required.
P and S Endorsement required.
Full time bus drivers qualify for insurance.
Pease Contact Lavaca School District at 479-674-5611
Experienced cook preferred.
Daily tasks include preparation, cooking, serving, and clean-up.
Middle School Literacy Teacher
Applicant must be certified either K-6 or 4-8 in Literacy.
Lavaca Elementary School (K-4) is seeking a counselor for the 2019-20 school year.
GENERAL DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (but not limited to):
Available as needed for student counseling.
Provide counseling to circumvent a crisis when needed.
Be involved in teacher/parent/student conferences.
Inform teachers of individual student academic, social, or physical needs.
Administer standardized testing.
Interpret test results to staff, students, and parents.
Be available to serve on committees, both campus and district-wide.
Process referrals and appropriate placement.
Help with the development of the master schedule, student registration, and student class placement as needed.
Develop and present small or large group guidance activities.
Lavaca Elementary School (K-4) is seeking Paraprofessional-Instructional Interventionist
• High school diploma
• At least one (1) of the following:
1. Two (2) years of college credit;
2. An associate’s degree (or higher);
3. Provide evidence of passing the Arkansas State Board of Education adopted Praxis Paraprofessional Assessment.
4. Be able to pass the Arkansas State Board of Education adopted Praxis Paraprofessional Assessment.
• Highly motivated with strong organizational skills; able to coordinate multiple tasks at one time.
• Self-starter; able to work independently.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: 187 day contract based on salary schedule with benefits according to Lavaca School Board policies.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Assisting students in achieving academic success.
• Demonstrates methods required to perform assignments for the purpose of providing an effective reading intervention program and addressing the needs of students.
• Evaluates students’ abilities in reading skills for the purpose of assisting in the development of remediation plans and evaluating student progress.
• Teaches students (small group sessions) for the purpose of improving their success in reading.
• Manages student behavior for the purpose of providing a safe and an optimal learning environment.
• Monitors student progress for the purpose of providing student feedback on a regular basis to students, teachers, and parents and determining interventions for those students who show characteristics as “at risk” readers.
• Guides the learning process toward achievement of established goals and communicates clear objectives to the students for all lessons.
• Administers reading assessment s as needed and manages allotted learning time to maximize student achievement.
• Provide one-on-one and small-group literacy instruction.
• Helping students with social integration.
• Consulting and collaborating with the Special Education and Regular education teachers.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Maintain confidentiality.
• Present and communicate in a professional manner.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisors or administration.
Elementary Special Education Para Professional
Experience preferred, but not required, in the area of working with special needs students.
Future Classified Position
Future Certified Position